Content's

Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Cooker...

We have our cooker and all the bits & pieces to install the regulator and gas supply.

Sunday, 18 March 2012

Pipework to the Radiators...

On Saturday we piped up the radiators and lagged them all the way to the engine room ready for when the webasto gets fitted, still not decided on the final position for the heater yet.


Thursday, 15 March 2012

More on the stove surround...

Tonight we did a couple more hours on the stove surround. All the fire boards are now cut and a plywood template the size of the stove has been made to give us an idea of clearance, and to allow us to measure more accurately for the flue. If all goes well, we hope to get the flue tomorrow night.


Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Stove Surround...

Now that the nights are staying lighter longer we're able to get down to the boat for a couple of hours on an evening. Last night we made a start framing out the hearth.

Framework to be faced off with oak ply and fancy edging at a later date.

The first layer of fire line board temporarily fitted and squared up. Later I intend to cut out an opening and make a drawer in the front plinth.


Monday, 12 March 2012

Hooray!! Mushroom vents done...

This weekend we took full advantage of the good weather and finished the job we started months ago, by installing the remaining mushroom vents and a prism, apart from my jigsaw breaking down half way through the job, and us having to nip to screwfix for a new one, we managed to get them all fitted.


Hole cut through the roof and two inches of insulation