Content's

Saturday, 26 May 2012

Let down by Screwfix...

The usually very good Screwfix has failed abysmally this week and not delivered next day as its web promised, I have my suspicions it is because of problems they had last Thursday with their website, unfortunately that's no good to us even if they have given 10% off orders until Sunday. So this means material we desperately needed hasn't arrived in time for this weekend.

Friday, 18 May 2012

Mattress...

Our mattress arrived today, it came rolled up and weighs about 23kg. It was ordered from Bensons for beds last week, we did go and test it before buying. size 1200x1900x120mm

Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Shower waste pump...

This weekend we did a little more plumbing and set the shower waste pump into the floor ready for when we get the shower tray,
 Below. Shower pump set into the floor. I think if I was doing this again I would probably fit a gulper instead of a sump pump as the lid isn't water tight and will over flow without warning if we ever forget to switch it on, with the gulper I imagine paddling around in water would be enough of a reminder to switch it on quick.
 A bit more of the floor will need to be cut away when we get the final shower tray outlet position.
This is the sump pump we fitted.

Bulkheads again...

Sunday, more bulkheads went up. This time the utility area between the bathroom and galley.

Templates needed again to get the cut's right first time, old off-cuts of plywood were used for this and just screwed together, nothing too fancy.


 Bulkheads wedged in place but not yet fixed, getting them square to the floor depends on what part of the floor you place your square as it isn't perfectly flat. I will probably set one bulkhead up and then parallel between walls.

Saturday, 5 May 2012

Bulkheads and linings...

It's been a while since we blogged last but that doesn't mean we haven't been busy.

The engine room is now mostly lined, this was one area we hadn't done much work on until now. The timber batten you can see is just temporary framing used to decide on floor and step levels.


The first bulkhead has gone up between the engine room and bedroom. We decided to frame this one out and add some insulation so hopefully in the winter months it will be warmer, it's also going to be sturdier for hanging a radiator to.
It was good to see it boarded.

The template we made first to allow us cut the Oak bulkheads spot on, don't want to get this wrong.

Engine room side of the bedroom divide bulkhead. Part boarded.

Bulkhead finished, now I can look at starting the floor.