Content's

Saturday, 5 May 2012

Bulkheads and linings...

It's been a while since we blogged last but that doesn't mean we haven't been busy.

The engine room is now mostly lined, this was one area we hadn't done much work on until now. The timber batten you can see is just temporary framing used to decide on floor and step levels.


The first bulkhead has gone up between the engine room and bedroom. We decided to frame this one out and add some insulation so hopefully in the winter months it will be warmer, it's also going to be sturdier for hanging a radiator to.
It was good to see it boarded.

The template we made first to allow us cut the Oak bulkheads spot on, don't want to get this wrong.

Engine room side of the bedroom divide bulkhead. Part boarded.

Bulkhead finished, now I can look at starting the floor.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, can't believe how well your fit out is going, the boat looks great, you must be really pleased with your progress!

    Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie, yeah it's going ok just wish we could spend more time there, two days a week isn't a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done amazingly well for two days a week! Keep up the good work I will follow with interest. I love to see a boat taking shape so keep the great photos coming!

    Debbie.

    ReplyDelete