Content's

Saturday, 25 May 2013

Another long weekend...

All these long bank holiday weekends have come in very handy. We've been keeping an eye on the weather forecast over the last few days wondering if more painting would be on the books for this weekend, it has in fact been a bit too warm and we haven't attempted the roof or side walls today, the metal has been that hot you could hardly touch it and the paint would have dried before it left the brush.

We had to do some painting so instead we've concentrated on the smaller more manageable areas, stern colour banding, rear sliding hatch and gunwales where all undercoated, unfortunately we ran out of black so couldn't finish everything we wanted.
Glorious blue sky's.


Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Painting again...

Making the most of the dry evenings this week although its been a bit windy tonight. The side walls have now had their first coat of gloss, Midland Chandlers own paint and it doesn't seem bad. The roof still needs another coat of red it isn't covering that well (Toplac), up to now it's had an undercoat and three topcoats and still grinning through, just hope one more coat does it.

Wow! blue sky and sunshine.

Sunday, 19 May 2013

Painting...


Well at least half the weekend was spent painting. Saturday was a wash out and we spent the day doing jobs around the inside. Today we got on with painting the roof again, this was the third layer of topcoat, the red just doesn't seem to be covering very well. Side walls were undercoated and it's starting to feel good getting some colour on at last.


Thursday, 16 May 2013

Dresser...

The galley dresser is coming along a treat, just the shelf between the worktop and wall cupboards to decide on, then its the doors to complete the job.
You can just about see in the photo the white wires from the light sockets in the ceiling, now ready for the down-lighters to plug in.

Wednesday, 15 May 2013

More wall lights...

We bought some wall lights for the saloon quite a few months ago now. As work has progressed we  realised they weren't going to match the style we are looking for. 
 
The new ones are more in keeping with the look we're after.
 

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Oak Trims and Covers...

 This is a bit of a catch up post. For the last few weeks, we've managed to get down to the boat at least once a week during the evenings to do a few little jobs, these haven't always been blogged about for what ever reason, usually because its been late when we got home or we've been too tired.
 
Anyway the trims now fitted and the cover over the electrics to the ceilings are done, it's tided things up a lot.
Starting the trims.
 
Almost done.
 
Corinne planing off the timber plugs on the cover beads.

Door frame still to fit.




Sunday, 12 May 2013

Back inside this weekend...

Well what a change from last weekends weather, it's been raining here most of the time. We had hoped to continue the painting outside but have been forced to do stuff inside instead.

Saturday was a catch up day doing all them little bits that needed finishing so didnt get any photos, can barely remember what we did.

Today started off slightly better so we managed to get one side above the gunwales sanded down before it set in to rain for the rest of the day.

The afternoon was spent doing a bit more on the engine room cupboard.



Monday, 6 May 2013

Making the most of the good weather…

We’ve been coming home from the boat shattered this long weekend, even too tired to post our progress on the blog until this evening.

On Friday evening after work we managed to get a few hours headstart sanding down the roof ready for paint. We had actually started to think that a few days good weather would never arrive, and we were anxious to get the painting started before the mass of flies started to arrive.
Saturday we completed the prep work and gave the roof a coat of pink undercoat, it was one of the longest days we’d spent at the boat and every muscle was aching. Sunday morning and still aching we took Charlie for his walk and got down to the boat as early as we could, yet another long day was spent giving the roof its first coat of the final colour. It turned out a bit patchy but I needn't have worried because after another coat today it’s starting to look ok. I think another one or two coats should do the trick.