Content's

Friday, 19 July 2013

Porthole...

 It's been a while since our last post. Things have been moving along but not so you would notice, we've been oiling boards, finishing off bits of electrics and putting up the light fittings and lots of other fiddley bits.

We have just finished the first porthole and it's nearly fitted. We only had enough wood to do the one lining just in case I'd got the section wrong, it turns out I didn't so more wood can now be ordered for the remaining seven.

Sections of Oak cut to the required angle.

All cut and ready for next step.
Some large jubilee clips come in very handy for this part.

All glued up.
 
Second layer glued.
 
Both layers stuck together
 
Ready to go.
 
Taking shape.

Done

Porthole in place but not quite finished, some final adjustment needed tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. OMG - that's amazing. I thought I had done well making a few fenders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each to their own, I wouldn't have a clue where to start with a fender lol.

      Delete